Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Last run of the year?

GS at Sunset.
Saturday was a really nice day. We got nice warm sun and no wind. I had planned to go for a pedal on the pushbike, but dragged the GS out for what will possibly be the last run of the year. If you look at my blog for November last year you'll see that we got a shitload of snow around this time. So I figured get out on the bike while I can.

DSC_0314
GS at Sunset.
Sunset.

It was just a short run, but a fucking good one. I went doon the coast road, bumping into Ben and Kirst in Gullane then turned off inland before hitting North Berwick. I stopped at the Microlight airport at East Fortune as there were folk practicing their landings and take off. When they were coming into land they get really low, buzzing the road beside their runway. I sat there for a wee bit watching them fly around and talking to some guy who had brought his bairn along to see the Microlights flying around. The wee laddie loved the bike when I started it up to ride away!

Sunset.
GS and microlight at East Fortune.

After getting a cup of tea from Bruce I headed hame before it got too dark. The GS's only real weak point is its lights, they're pish. I'll try adjusting them but the way forward is either HID lights or adding extra auxiliary lights. I hardly use the bike at night so I'm sure it can wait.
It was fucking great to get out one last time and unless we get a super mild winter the GS will stay wrapped up till spring.

GS at Sunset.

I've still got loads of photos and write ups from various trips and tours to post up so there will still be plenty bike content appearing on here.

7 comments:

  1. good photos Mike - but can wee see more of a real GS -ala GS 800 a mans bike in a sea of shite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pics mIke. Looking forward to hearing of your many other "subdued" encounters. Bummer you have to put the bike awa though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures. Good choice on taking the GS out rather than the pedal bike. Hope this wasn't the last ride of the season for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cider before the ride :o)November 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM

    Sell it, the GS that is :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sell the GS?? I'd rather sook your sweaty drawers!
    I reckon ye need another (proper) bike. Get a classic, a nice really old bike. Something from your youth.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read and got latest info from your article. That's a great and fantastic topic related to the motorcycle hids. .It's an intrusting and wounder full. I like and saved. .Thanks you for posting....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. Love the one with the microlight!

    ReplyDelete