Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sun, sea.... and snow?? Whit?

Up the Lammys

After work on Friday Aidan and I went for a spin on the bikes up the Lammermuir Hills before heading doon the coast for a chippy. It was another braw day so I grabbed the open faced Roof Bamboo helmet and I took my gopro with me to make a wee film. I made a wee discovery. The suction cup mount for the Gopro doesn't work with bamboo. 
Oooooohhhh!

OOOOOOOOOOO!

OHYA FUCKER!

There goes my Gopro bouncing up the road at 60 mph.



Bastard.

Luckily the Gopro is as indestructible as they claim it is. Apart from a few minor scuffs on the case there was nothing wrong with it. Nothing at all. Fuck all. So cheers Gopro. 
Anyways, I attached the Gopro to Aidan's lid and wee set off, after a while I put the Gopro on my GS. Here's the film.


Coastkid on a microlight

Saturday was another fine day. My mate Bruce was going for a shot on a microlight with East Of Scotland Mocrolights. I headed down on the GS with my camera to get some photos. We put Bruce's Gopro on the flying helmet with the suction mount. Good job the flying helmet isn't bamboo! Here's one of the films Bruce made of a short section of our coast here in East Lothian.


To see more of Bruce's films and photos check out his blog, http://coastkid.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/reach-for-sky.html

If you want to fly with East Of Scotland Microlights here's their website http://www.eosm.co.uk/home.asp
I'd recommend it. So would Maw.

Mum in the microlight.


That evening HB and I joined Faithir and Maw for a gid curry and some nice beer before sitting around the chiminea. Grand.

Midnight Sun


Sunday started a bit cloudy but became warmer than Saturday. Egor an Lee came round for a barbeque, and after a while Zul and Lee got out their pits and joined us. Another stonking day, Egor even took a shot of the pushbike and I had a shot of his awesome camera.
Egor hoists it.
Today I woke up to........ SNOW! And some pretty strong winds, the sea was looking pretty mean doon the coast! Still, the cold weather didn't stop me and Dave heading out on the pushbikes. Two minutes in we bumped into Trev who we persuaded to come with us. While we were waiting on Trev getting ready Sweeney phoned and we met up with him. It was like cycling a few months back. We even got the compulsory puncture just as the snow started falling again, still fucking good fun though!
Oor garden this morning. Fuckin hell!
Windy!
Still windy.
Fuckin hard core.

4 comments:

  1. Bamboo Helmet..fuck you come up with some funny shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff you have there. I enjoyed the video of you two on the motorcycles but was surprised we didn't see footage of the wee tumble the GoPro took off the helmet.

    See the coast was neat although I'd be too chicken to ride up in the air like that. I need to keep two wheels on the ground.

    And snow? What up with that? Good job on getting out and riding in it. Looks too fricken cold to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell that young gentleman in the middle to consider some appropriate apparel for the occasion. He looks like a wet cloot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's that Gaylord wearing the shorts ? He looks well NOSH !

    ReplyDelete